Thursday, December 23, 2010

From Infant to Toddler

So my sweet baby Lucie Jane turned one last month. If I were an organized Mom, I would have posted pics from her little party and shared her accomplishment (yes making it to her first birthday considering our family is an accomplishment) in a timely matter.

On the right, you can see a pic of what she looked like after she ate her cake. She didn't hesitate for a second to try this new found miracle food of a giant slice of cake.

We had our neighbors over and the Goveias over and I think she just loved watching all the big kids play. I should have taken more pictures to share with all you birthday party absentees.

But alas, I'm always behind these days. So you'll just have to settle for a quick little video clip of her latest game. We call it the Uh Oh, Go Game. She likes to drop things, and say "Uh Oh" until we realize what she's done. When we pick up the object she says "go" and then we toss it back to her.


The cutest part of the clip is that she is showing off a little bit of her baby words. She is my little talker. So far we've recognized when she says dog, cat, ball, mama, dad, tank qu (thank you), done, up, uh oh, go, and bye.

Lucie started walking a little before she turned one. She just thinks that she is one of the big kids now. If she's not right in there with all the action of the older kids, I can usually find her playing quietly with their toys in their rooms.

Lucie's favorite toy is one that I bought for her with the money that my her Great Gandpa sent us. I usually just have Lucie play with hand-me-down toys from the other kids and I don't buy her things that are just hers.

Thank you for looking out for our little Lucie and sending her such a great present Granpappy and Sylvia!

I bought her this little kitchen set and she just loves it. I think she especially loves the fact that it is just her own. The bigger kids can only play with it if she lets them.

I just love the little girl she is turning into. Her personality is definitely her own, but it reeks of that Lybbert Family Flavor. She's a determined and fun loving little bundle of joy and I'm so glad she's a part of our family.

Happy Birthday Lucie Jane!

5 comments:

vangeeks said...

is that the same crayola crayon chair we had when we were kids?

Aimeeable said...

Yup it is. Did you know that it used to belong to Mom when she was a kid?!

Danielle said...

I can't believe that she's one already! Happy Birthday! (And Merry Christmas, too!)

Claudia said...

OMG!!!! Your baby is so sweet and cute. I loved this post. Thanks for sharing.

Take the test Caring For Toddlers and find out how good are you at caring for toddlers.

Nettie said...

Great blog and darling little girl! I'm from the Lybbert line. Would you mind sharing your family's link back to CFB? Nettie Winsor (nettiness@gmail.com)